Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Week 7

     Week 7 is upon us, and the NFL is almost to the halfway point. October has always been an entertaining month when it comes to sports. October means playoff baseball, and both college football and the NFL are in mid-season form. October also brings us NBA training camps, which means that the Thunder season is almost upon us. 
      I found myself in an interesting fantasy predicament this last week. I've had issues all year with my quarterback situation with having both Matt Ryan and Michael Vick, but this week neither of these individuals started for my team. Ryan was on his bye week, and Vick was out with a hamstring injury that he suffered against the New York Giants. I had to go to the waivers, and I picked up Jay Cutler against the Giants.
      He threw for 262 yards with two touchdowns. Cutler will be going up against the Washington Redskins this weekend, and I plan on starting him over both Ryan and Vick. Washington ranks 24th against fantasy quarterbacks. The first three weeks their defense was torched by Michael Vick, Aaron Rodgers and Mathew Stafford. I like Cutler to have a big game against Washington this week.
     Alshon Jeffery is another player for the bears who might find a spot in my lineup this week due to bye weeks and injuries. Before this week, he had two straight weeks of over 20 points. Last week against the Giants he was held to only four points, but Brandon Marshall had an excellent game with 9 receptions for 87 yards. Marshall also hauled in two touchdowns as well. Jeffery seems to be a hit and miss type of guy, but I like him as a flex guy if he's filling in for one of your receivers on a bye week. Marshall will be gaining much of Washington's secondary attention, and DeAngelo Hall will have the task of guarding Marshall.  Washington ranks 27th in the league against wide receivers. I expect Jeffery to have 14 points in a ppr league.
     
  


No comments:

Post a Comment