Saturday, November 9, 2013

Week 10


            Well we're at the halfway point of the NFL season, and boy has it been a great one so far. There has been many surprises across the league this season. How about the Kansas City Chiefs? 9-0. Who would have thought at the beginning of the season that at week 10 of the NFL, Kansas City would still be unbeaten.

            I drafted Jamaal Charles with the eighth overall pick in my PPR Southside OKC league. Charles is the number one running back in a PPR league on ESPN, and is the third highest scorer overall. I have enjoyed having Charles as my number one running back, and as long as he stays healthy he should remain as the number one running back.

            Peyton Manning! What more do I have to say about that man at this point. Manning is the number one overall quarterback in fantasy so far this year. I was fortunate enough to play his owner on the week Manning was on a bye. Manning will be tested next Sunday when Kansas City visits Denver in by far the matchup of the year so far. Kansas City matches up well against Denver's offense, and it will be pivotal for Kansas City to jump out to an early lead.

            This week I have an interesting decision to make. I will not be starting Matt Ryan against the Seattle Seahawks, and it will come down to either Jay Cutler (who is probable)or Nick Foles. Cutler is going up against Detroit, and put up a solid 16 points against them week 4. I would be satisfied with Cutler if he could put up over 15 this week. Foles is coming off a week where he put up seven touchdown passes. This is the second time this season that a quarterback has put up seven touchdowns, and of course that man was Manning. And by Manning I mean Peyton Manning, not Eli. Eli this season would be known for putting up more like seven interceptions.

            At the end of the day I plan on starting Cutler if he plays. Foles is going up against Green Bay, and they have only allowed three touchdown passes the past three weeks. My gut feeling says to start Foles, but I feel like Cutler is the safe start. I have a solid team at every other position, so I need to start the safe quarterback. Jay Cutler will be that safe start if he plays.

No comments:

Post a Comment